Saturday 18 July 2015

Pandan kaya

Since the first batch of Gula Melaka Pandan Kaya finished, I decided to make another batch. This time it's pure Pandan Kaya. With my little helper in the kitchen, I can do many many batches as I like coz it's easy~


Is a bit runny, I should stir a few minutes more (next time bah) but the texture is OK for me . The most important thing is that it is delicious hahahaha~right? oh yeah~ When I took my first taste, I felt that it is a bit sweet for me but after u sapu on the toast or steam bread the taste of sweetness is just ngam ngam for me. One word 'ICHIBAN' hahahah..^^


After letting it cool down a bit, I transferred it into a small container for my easy usage. Or maybe you want it to give it away to friend or relative. Keep it in the fridge can last for 2 weeks.  Remember must put in the fridge cos I don't use preservative.

Pandan Kaya
Recipe source from : TM cooking book


What you need:
-180g concentrate coconut milk (i used 200g)
(~fresh coconut milk or packet (any brand)~)
-160g sugar
-5 kampung eggs (i used 4 whole eggs (large)
-20g pandan juice (blend pandan leave with a bit of water)

Method:- (using TM)

1) Place sugar and eggs into the mixing bowl, mix 30sec/speed 3
2) Insert butterfly whisk. Add in coconut milk and pandan juice
3) Cook for 40 mins/90c/speed 2 without measuring cup
4) Blend 20 sec/speed 4, increase speed gradually, to get smooth texture.
5) Allow Kaya to cool before serving and transfer into a jar and store in the fridge.

Mehod :- (normal pot)

-Put everything inside the pot and cook it till thicken (stir consistently) about 45 mins


 First, wash the pandan leave and trim abit of the end~


Second, cut it into a small size ~


Put it into a blend with a slightly water and blend it. Squeeze the juice out. Look at the colour


I'm using this brand ^.^ of coconut milk


This is my TM butterfly whisk

Hope you enjoy the homemade Pandan Kaya ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment