Saturday 18 July 2015

Luan luan lai Fried Rice

Normally people say when there is nothing to cook or don't know what to cook, they will go and cook fried rice. At first, I also thought fried rice also sap sap water only.. but when you really cook it, I tell you..really took a lot of effort and time to prepare.

Many people say use overnight rice to cook so it taste better and it will be easier to fry nicely. Yes! but since I have kids at home, I normally will cook fresh rice. From what I know, leftover rice will cause a lot of wind in the tummies especially for kids.

Why I called it luan luan lai fried rice is because I will dump everything I have in my fridge and cincai stir fry it, tadaaa~~ my fried rice~!


So, first you need to do a lot of mincing and cutting~cleaning the prawns as well. See the pictures below~




Luan Luan Lai Fried Rice
Recipe source from : Fiona Low













What you need :- 

-rice (overnight or fresh)
-garlic (minced)
-french bean (diced)
-carrot (cut into a long strip)
-crab meat
-prawn (marinate with some soy sauce & pepper)
-luncheon meat (diced)
-omelette egg (striped)

Seasoning:-

-pepper
-homemade chicken powder

Method:-

1) Fry the luncheon meat and egg, set aside
2) Stir fry the garlic till fragrant then add in the prawn, cook awhile
3) Add in the french bean & carrot
4) Put in the rice and stir fry awhile (high temp)
5) Put in the crab meat and seasoning
6) before serving add in the egg and luncheon meat, mix it and serve


Garnish with some seaweed (optional), both my kids love seaweed so much!
You can have lots of versions of fried rice, anything will do even you only have rice and egg.. because you know, home cooked food is always the best!


If you prefer, can garnish with some side dish, rolled ham/egg or abalone hehe~



Top with one fried egg and home cooked sambal (from uncle's maid), ouii delicious wor...


Enjoy the fried rice everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment