Sunday 19 July 2015

My first time chow mien



I always fried rice or fried mee hoon! but never try to fried mee (chow mien in mandarin). Since my youngest boy like noodles more than porridge or rice so I decided to fried noodles la~


So, after I sent my boy to tuition then my hubby and I straightaway head to pasar pagi at Puteri Mart, Puchong. I love to visit this wet market coz it is cheaper than the ones I bought near my house. So hubby choose this noodle. He dislike the yellow noodle cos he said there is too much of boric acid. Since my kids are taking it of course I wont take the risks.


Reached home, I immediately prepare those ingredients coz it is almost lunch time. See, as I told you fried fried thing no easy wor.. u need to cut, diced and minced. Fuuu~~


Don't miss the minced garlic OOooooo~

Chow Mien (Fried Noodle)
Recipe source from : Fiona Low















What to you need:-

-Noodle (which ever your prefer) soaked & drain
-garlic (minced)
-shallot (slice)
-dried shrimp (soaked & minced)
-red chilli
-carrot
-prawns
-sliced pork
-fish cake
-crab meat

Seasoning:-
-dark soy sauce
-pepper
-homemade chicken powder

Method:-

1) cooked the noodles in the boiled water for about 2 mins
2) while the noodles are cooking, stir fry the shallot with a bit of corn oil till almost golden brown
3) add in the garlic & dried shrimp till it is fragrant
4) then put the prawns and pork in untill cooked
5) add in the carrot & fish cake
6) lastly put in the cooked noodles and crab meat
7) seasoned it and stir fried a couple of minutes then dish
8) garnished with spring onion

Yes, you are right. I do not use any salt or soy sauce. Just the homemade chicken powder will do. Let me show you again the chicken powder...^^


Hope you enjoyed the chow mien OOOooooo....

No comments:

Post a Comment