Wednesday 22 July 2015

Musang King


Do you know why durian is also called the 'King of fruits'? Cos it is considered a fruit to be 'heaty' due to its rich and heavy flavour. This fruit normally got banned by many other places like airline cabins, hotel or public transportation. If you are not the fan of durian, you will get sick with the heavy  pungent smell. It can be very disgusting! But for me it smells like 'heaven'. The flesh are golden and yellow in colour (depend on what species) and has a creamy textured flesh.


They have many type of species. What I know are D24, Red prawn (ang hae), D101 and the famous one is Musang King. This is my first time I bought Musang King. Normally I will just buy normal durian or duriang kampung. Durian are expensive and we need to wait for the season. If not mistaken the season is during July - August.


Normally, the seller will pick the durians from Pahang area to sell it in Klang Valley. This is the lorry stall I bought my durian from. Musang king RM35/kg (big), RM25/kg (small). I do not know how to see or whether the taste is good or not. I just told the seller, I want Musang King species and bitter taste.


He weight it, open and told me 'bao sek' mean guarantee can eat! I do believe him so this is the golden flesh...looks tempting right? I tell you, you will die for this.


Look at the small seed! I can not control myself! My car is full of durian smell! Smells like heaven~
As I said, this fruit is 'heaty', you need to drink more water after that.


Doesn't it look like a drumstick to you? Taste better than a drumstick~OMG! I'm drooling when writing this post! Although I'm having sore throat yet I still cannot tahan seeing it...


Have a piece~cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment