Sunday 11 October 2015

Steamed Vegetable Pao


Making pao become my weekly routine. It is easy to make and nice to eat (✿◠‿◠). This time I'm making vegetable pao by using cabbage instead of sengkuang. The taste is totally different for sure. Normally people will use sengkuang because of the natural sweetness.


I yet to try the sengkuang recipe but no worry! I will try it for the next batch. Although name vegetable pao but I added lap cheong (Chinese sausage) LOL!

You can find the pao recipe here : Fluffy Steamed mantou

Steamed Vegetable Pao
Recipe source from : Fiona Low













What you need:-
-cabbage
-carrot (diced)
-mushroom
-lap cheong (Chinese sausage)
-dry shrimp - soaked (hea bi)
-hard boiled eggs

Seasoning:-
-pepper
-fish sauce
-light soy sauce

Method:-
1) Slice the cabbage, set aside
2) mince the mushroom and dry shrimp
3) steam the lap cheong for 5 mins and cut it into strips
3) In a wok stir fry the dry shrimp with some olive oil until fragrant
4) put the mushrooms in and stir fry a while
5) now add in the cabbage and carrot, cook until it is soft/cooked
6) season it and it is done.
7) leave it to cool or until you can handle it



This is how its look like. Just like normally we stir fry our cabbage for dinner~I topped it with some spring onion (optional)


The filling~mmm... lucky I added in the lap cheong, if not I guess the taste will be a bit plain. Lap cheong really enhanced the flavor.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment