Thursday 8 October 2015

Soft & Fluffy Bread


Well, this is my second trial on making bread using my little TM (Thermomix). I still remember the first time I made bread was few months ago when I first purchased my TM. The texture was fine but after cooling down, the texture was hard and dry. I was disappointed but I never gave up.


So, I got to know this recipe shared by my TM advisor and I thought why not try it out since with TM everything is easy now. I pray hard and hope it turns out soft. This recipe is using tang zhong method which I never used before. Anyway, see what I got! A soft bread that can be keep till the next day. Although is not as soft as yesterday but I'm happy enough.

Soft & Fluffy Bread 
Recipe source from : Thermomixmama.blogspot.my

What you need:-
Tang zhong dough
-50g bread flour (high protein flour)
-125g milk
-125g water

Method:-
1) Place all the ingredients in the TM bowl and cook at 70c, speed 2 for 10-15mins (I used 15mins) until the mixture becomes a paste. By that time your temperature will come down to 65c when it is done.
2) Cover the surface with cling wrap (the cling wrap should touch the surface) and store in the fridge. 

Bread dough
-350g bread flour (high protein flour)
-55g caster sugar
-2g salt (I used 1/2 tsp)
-56g egg (I used 1 whole A size egg)
-7g non-dairy creamer powder
-125g fresh milk
-120g tangzhong 
-6g instant yeast (I used 1 tsp)
-30g salted butter

Method:-
1) Place milk, egg, tangzhong, sugar, salt and milk powder at the bottom of TM bowl. Add the flour on top of the liquids, then the yeast on top of the flour
2) Press the turbo 2-3 times to mix the ingredients together
3) Knead for 10 mins corn image
4) Add the butter and knead corn imageanother 5-10 mins until dough is elastic
5) Shape into a ball and place into a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel and allow to proof for about 30 mins or until doubled in size
6) Once risen, turn the dough out on to a lightly greased silicone mat and punch downwards to release the air. Proceed to shape the dough into rolls and cover for 40 mins to rise
7) Pre heat the oven and glaze with egg wash 
8) Bake at 150c for 20 mins (original call for 180c for 20 mins, every oven have different temp, so adjust accordingly)


 The dough was a bit sticky for me but I will try it again. Practice makes perfect right?


My convection oven is doing her job!


Look at the texture...soft and fluffy!


The best thing is, hubby almost finished the first batch while the second batch is still in the oven. When I look around LOL!! he left the 3 pcs lying on the table. I was shocked! So, now you know how delicious and soft it is.




I brought some for my colleague the next day, she gave me the thumbs up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment