Tuesday 13 October 2015

Dry Noodle with Homemade Sambal


My dad send me his homemade sambal ikan bilis to my office. This sambal is awesome! I can't wait to cook some noodle and eat with it. My colleague also gave me a big packet of his Bentong's Spaghetti to me and I have yet to use it. So this is the first time I cook this spaghetti with my dad famous sambal. With this sambal, you can have it with anything. Fried rice, steamed vegetable, stir fry, fried egg... whatever you prefer.


Oh yeah! This is the secret that make your dish awesome. My dad sambal ikan bilis. Wait~Although is homemade but I really do not have the recipe, but I will ask my dad to share me how to make it, ok? Now let me show you one of the dish using this sambal.

Dry Noodle with Homemade Sambal
Recipe source from : Fiona Low













What you need:-
-Dry noodles (I used Bentong's spaghetti, from my colleague)
-Marinated pork
-crab stick
-sliced carrot
-chopped spring onion
-fried onion
-fish ball
-chopped garlic
-slice red onion

Seasoning:-
-fish sauce
-light soy sauce
-homemade chicken powder

Method:-
1) In a pot, boil some water and cook the spaghetti, set aside
2) In a pan, stir fry the garlic and red onion until fragrant
3) Add in the carrot and pork
4) Lastly add in the fish balls and crab stick, stir fry until it is cooked
5) Then add in the cooked spaghetti and the seasoning
6) Dish and add in the sambal ikan bilis and mix everything up



With these simple ingredients you can have a very nice and delicious meal.


My son's portion and he's complaining that the sambal is not enough. And he asked for more. I was starting to feel my lips burning but he still asked for more. OMG! And one more thing, he praised this dish just as good as Face to Face Noodle. Well, my dad had done a very good job for me~LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks really tempting ! Enjoy your week ahead dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you my dear.. same to you ya~~

    ReplyDelete