Monday 26 October 2015

Pork Satay



Opsss~Did I mentioned Pork Satay?? Hahahaha... Okay, my version of pork satay is without peanut sauce!  ≧◡≦ Sounds weird right? But I tell you, you must try it out. It's soooo delicious! 


Last two weeks, I get my mum to buy me pork shoulder/pork neck when she go wet market because of my place here I can hardly get fresh pork. The cost here is very pricey also. She do not know what to call it in Chinese so I get her to tell the butcher that you want to make satay. Okay, she came back and told me this pack of pork call 'zhu zhang' in Cantonese. 


I do not know whether 'zhu zhang' is the part that I am looking for or not but anyway I will still use it. Well, first time using this part of the pig in my cooking and it's very tender and juicy. I am very happy with the 'zhu zhang' that my mum bought me...(>‿◠)✌

Let me share my recipe here~

Pork Satay
Recipe source from : Fiona Low













What you need:-
-Pork shoulder (Zhu zhang york)

Marination:-
(A) Blend
-lemon grass 
-garlic
-red onion

(B)
-ginger juice
-soy sauce
-molasses sugar
-black pepper
-Chinese five spice
-Sesame oil
-corn flour

- Bamboo skewer (soak in the water for about 10-15 mins) to prevent burning

Method:-
1) Cut the pork into cube size (remove the fat)
2) Marinate the pork with (A) and (B) overnight (I marinated it one week~hahahaha)
3) Skew the pork using the skewer
4) Lay them in the oven and grill at 170c for 20 mins
5) In 10 mins, apply honey on the pork and grill for another 5 mins, turn them around and apply honey again on another side, bake another 5 mins at 200c 




My version of pork satay is Chinese style because I do not use any herbs like coriander and turmeric powder. But you can eat my pork satay without any sauce because they are very juicy! 


Beautifully grilled!


Hope you like my version of my pork satay (>‿◠)✌

No comments:

Post a Comment