Monday 28 September 2015

Sweet and sour sauce pork skewer style


Chinese Sweet and Sour pork (咕咾肉) in a skewer style. How do I come to think about this skewer idea? Honestly, I'm not sure~it just came to me in an inspiration~Actually I was thinking about cooking this dish just like normal way but I put it up like a satay style because I want it to be more stylish and easy to eat. Well, actually I was bored with the same cooking style and serving.


My version of this sweet and sour sauce skewer came from our famous Malay food 'Satay'. Tomorrow is Mid Autumn Festival and I thought why not cook something special.


Well marinated pork with juicy grilled pineapple, Simply Awesome! Here comes my recipe but kindly noted that all my recipes are all agak-agak version ok~

Sweet and sour sauce skewer style (咕咾肉)
Recipe by : Fiona Low














What you need:-
-pork loin (cut into cube)
-pineapple (cut into cube)
-green capsicum/cucumber (cut into cube)
-big red onion (cut into cube)
-satay stick

Marination:-
-light soy sauce
-pepper
-sugar
-corn starch

Sweet and Sour sauce:-
-tomato sauce
-chili sauce
-sugar
-minced garlic
-Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
-light soy sauce
-hot water

Method:-
1) Marinate the pork with the marination for at least 1 hr, best overnight
2) Grill the pineapple and green capsicum at 170c for 20 mins
3) Deep fry the pork till golden brown and set aside
4) Remain 1 tbsp oil and stir fry the minced garlic till golden brown then add in the tomato and chili sauce, add in some hot water to dilute it.
5) Add in sugar, Worcestershire sauce and light soy sauce
6) Keep stirring until the sauce thickens, done.



 It's time for the skewers~smells really nice and the juicy pineapple are sweet! Make the skewer as per own liking~you can use substitute with other vegetable or fruits. It consumes a bit more time but the presentation is great. You can serve it for you guests and I think they will like it very much.


The sauce~served the sauce like the way you eat your 'satay', the feeling is totally different! I just love the way of serving. 


I really can not stand the smell! Really made me hungry~My hand was shaking and most of my pictures came out blur~oopsss! really so hungry lol! My family was waiting at the dinning table, hubby stole some of the grilled pineapple while I still doing the skewing! Hey, cannot wait yooooo~~


The boy was excited about it and keep asking for more. Seeing my family eat so happily, everything is worth it~Same goes to you! As I said, cook with your heart, cook with your love and everything will come out great! 

Happy Mid Autumn Festival everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment