Thursday 3 September 2015

Steamed Green Tea cake


Who doesn't like steamed cake? I love steamed cake. I used to have steamed cake when I was young. Mum always bought it at pasar pagi. That time that was only normal steamed egg cake (鸡蛋糕). Not like now..there are plenty of versions. 

Today I made green tea favour. Not much people love green tea because of the taste and the smell. It tastes a bit bitter but for me, I have no problems with it. 


The texture of this cake was very soft and fluffy compare to the previous steamed egg cake.  Why? ahahaha.... the secret is ~ I used less flour! First, when I found out the flour was not enough, I was very sad and down but I insisted want to eat so I go ahead with the flour that I have. Secondly, I had also prepared all the ingredients. The recipe stated 180g flour but I only have 150g! .... no choice to give it a try! 


Oh yes! This is my day! It came out super soft and fluffy. I love the texture very much. So I quickly took a pen and adjust the recipe...hahahahaha

Green Tea steamed cake
Recipe from : Fiona Low
(adapted from TM Website)

What you need:-
-5 eggs
-180g fine sugar 
-1/4 tsp salt
-150g self raising flour
-1 tbsp of green tea powder
-40g olive oil
-1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:-(Using TM method)
1) Insert butterfly. Put in the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Beat 3 mins / speed 3
2) Add in flour, salt and oil for 20 sec / speed 3
3) Pour into the lined paper cup and steamed high heat for 15-20 mins


I left it overnight and consumed it in the next morning, surprisingly the texture still maintained very soft. Love this cake so much. 

Enjoy it with a cup of French rose green tea! Opss!...green tea overdose hahahaha..

No comments:

Post a Comment