Wednesday 23 September 2015

English Lemon Cake~Baking Class (1st trial)


As a mother of two kids, dreaming of attending a baking class was always in my dream list. I never thought that my dream will come true one day, even though for only a class. Thank you to my mother who willing to helped me take care of my youngest son and thank you hubby for taking care of my eldest son and send me all the way to Sg. Buloh and waited for me for 5 hours.


In this 5 hours, the whole process is very tiring but I learnt a lot and it's worth it. We really need a lot skill and practice. And patience too. My teacher is very particular in every detail. She wants everything in perfection. I'll definitely will come again for my second class.


Jolin is my baking class partner. Yes, only two of us! I prefer less people better, so I can learned more and teacher can concentrate on us.


I do not have the tutorial in this process. Because I was too busying and concentrating in the whole process and very excited about it. Beside that, my hands are very oily too^.^
NO way to touch my phone with my dirty hands. 


4 tiers cake. Is not easy to slice it in equal and you really need the skill. Practice makes perfect. The cake was slanted when I cut it but lucky teacher helped me to adjusted the next cut so that I can get a perfect whole cake without seeing the failure. 
Ok ok, I know I need more practice! Happy with the cutting, stack up one by one. Here you go~


Ta~daaaa~~~ hahahahaha... smooth right! A little bit of help from my teacher. I was struggling to apply the topping cream. My hands were shaking! OMG! I thought that will be the easiest step.... Really I can not get as smooth as this. But at least I tried.


Shining ~ shining le.... hehehe.. ok, not my job!


Happy students got their own cake done! 


Our teacher Ms. Laura Chan. Young and pretty woman with 3 kids.



 Brought it back and cut it with my family. Want to show my mum what I'm learning while she taking care of my youngest son.


The cutting are perfect! The taste is awesome. Not so sweet, no sourness yet lemon taste are strong..love the combination. First time making this cake and first time eating this flavor. 5 hours hard work but in 10 mins the cake is all gone! Lucky I kept 2 pcs for myself. ;p

  
Happy baking! Stay tune for my second class ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment