Monday 31 August 2015

Black black squid


Quite a long time I've neglected my blog...I just do not have the time to sit in front of the computer and type. I feel I'm very tired theses few days. Well, after all the busy day, I came out with my mum's Signature Black Squid! Why black? Because it is cooked by using dark soy sauce and not squid ink!

I still remember when I was still single and staying with my mum..she cooked this squid for the first time, I was so impressed and love this squid so much. And I will asked my mum : "Mum, can you cook a bit more next time..it's so delicious and this portion is not enough for us"? She will reply me :"next time cook yourself"!...................


With her signature squid I really can add more rice! Just the sauce already can take up half of my rice. After I got married, I need to cook for my family and I'm craving for this black squid, I decided to cooked this dish. The hardest thing about preparing this dish is to clean the squid! Oh gosh! This is what I hate the most...

So, if I want to eat then I need to clean it lo............................................................(pulling hair)


This is after cleaned and already in the wok! hahahahahaha....its looked abit pale but after cooked it will became black black edy hehehe.. if still pale can add in more dark soy sauce. It depends on your own liking~

Black black squid
Recipe source from : Fiona Low













What you need:-
Marination:-
-Squid (wash until clean)
-soy sauce
-dark soy sauce
-sugar

Ingredients:-
-shredded ginger
-minced garlic

Method:-
1) marinate the squid overnight
2)Stir fry the ginger and garlic till fragrant
3) Add in the squid and the sauce
4) cook on low flame around 20 mins or till the sauce thicken
5) dish up and serve with hot rice


No comments:

Post a Comment