Wednesday 19 August 2015

Steamed Herbal Chicken


As I want my family to have healthy meals so I prefer steamed instead of fried.  This steamed herbal chicken that I cooked is an easy and fast dish. Of course this dish is very famous in the family too...You just need to get fresh chicken and those herbs for this dish. And I sure that all those herbs are easy to get and every household surely will have this in the fridge. 


These are the herbs I used for my steamed chicken. I added dong guai (当归as my father taught me, it will give more flavour. 

Steamed Herbal Chicken
By Fiona Low













What you need:-
-2 pcs chicken whole legs
-3 slices ginger
-handful wolfberries
-red dates
-dong guai
-Huai shan
-yuk zhuk
-dong sam

Seasoning:-
-homemade chicken powder dilute with some water
-pepper
-sesame oil
-shaoxing cooking wine

Method:-
1) Clean the chicken and remove any oil at the side and pat dry
2) arrange the chicken and the herbs in the steaming bowl


3) add in the seasoning (except shaoxing wine)
4) steam for 30 mins on high heat (depend on your chicken size)
5) turn of the fire and add in the shaoxing cooking wine and let it sit for 5 mins before serving.


My TM is doing her job. 2 in I.... Cooking rice and steaming my herbal chicken at the same time while I enjoying watching my Masterchef Australia. My little helper, Mummy love you so much!

(after 30 mins) Ding ding dong~My TM is calling me...my rice and chicken is done! Hubby is back too... so what are we waiting for~~~ Happy dinner~ing...^^


No comments:

Post a Comment