Friday 21 August 2015

Pandan Kaya (4th trial)


This is the 4th time I'm making kaya. I found that this time round the texture is more concentrated than the previous and I'm happy with the consistency. (✿◠‿◠) Yes, trial and error! Since the previous batch texture are watery, so I cooked a little bit longer this time (15mins extra). So total time used is 1 hr.


My TM is doing great job by blending the pandan leave so fine! Thanks babe~❤(ˆ‿ˆԅ)


Smooth and shiny homemade kaya is served after 1 hr. Hubby is happy when he heard kaya in the making!


I let the kaya cool down on the dinning table and the next morning the texture is thicker than yesterday. Perfect! So I divided it into small containers and I got 4 of them. Gave one out to my best colleague and one for my mum. 


Then left 2 only lor... Hubby will take one to work tomorrow I guess hahahaha... Last one will be consume at home. But unfortunately, my eldest boy do not like it. He prefer butter only..( ˘︹˘ )... So he asked me, do we have any jam spread for him instead of kaya? mmmm..I asked him what jam you prefer so I see whether I can fulfill him or not... He told me grape jam! HUH!!! ~~Okay! let me google......and I believe my babe can do it!

Homemade Pandan kaya
Adapted from : TM website














What you need:
-200g concentrated coconut milk
(~fresh coconut milk or packet (any brand)~)
-160g sugar
-4 whole eggs (large)
-20g pandan juice (blend pandan leave with a bit of water)

Method:- (using TM)

1) Place sugar and eggs into the mixing bowl, mix 30sec/speed 3
2) Insert butterfly whisk. Add in coconut milk and pandan juice
3) cook 30 mins/90c/speed 2 without measuring cup
4) Blend 20 sec/speed 4, increase speed gradually, to get smooth texture.
5) Allow Kaya to cool before serving or transferred into a jar and store in the fridge.


I toasted the bread this morning and ate with my homemade kaya, feeling really sin fu~ If can eat with half boiled eggs and a cup of coffee... that's life! But sad that I was rushing to send the boy to daycare before teacher sound me again....


The first bite for me, I was like 'wow, the world is beautiful'! Soooo delicious! No wonder my hubby love it so much looooo~~

No comments:

Post a Comment