Wednesday 30 March 2016

Pandan Sponge Cake


It's been a long time since I baked any cake. This pandan sponge cake recipe was the first recipe I used for baking. This recipe I adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover. 


I never failed with this recipe and it is definitely a keeper. All the ingredients are in my head and I can just bake it anytime. When I started baking, plenty of people would tell me to bake a good sponge cake before trying to bake any other cake. If I were to fail in baking sponge cakes that would mean whatever cake I bake will be a failure too.


So I cut my sponge cake story short and let me share the recipe here. The original recipe was called chinese paper wrapped sponge cupcake and do not use pandan and vanilla extract. 

Pandan Sponge Cake 
Recipe source from : Nasi Lemak Lover

What you need:-
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 65g self raising flour
- 50g corn oil (I used canola oil)
- 20g pure pandan extract 
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract

- 3 egg white
- 65g icing sugar

Method:-
1) Mix the egg yolks, whole egg and canola oil in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk balloon and beat till light.
2) Sift the flour, stir to mix well till you get a smooth texture.
3) Add in the pandan and vanilla extract and mix it evenly
4) In a clean bowl, use a electric hand mixer beat the egg white till foamy. Gradually add in the sifted icing sugar. Beat till stiff peak foamed.
5) Add 1/3 meringue into the egg yolk batter, stir till light.
6) Then fold in the rest of the meringue with whisk balloon 
7) Pour the batter into the paper cup and bake at 150c for 20 mins (I using BAF)


 My pure pandan extract.


Everything seems like so easy and my family love it so much.


They are inside my BAF.


Ta daaa... my pandan sponge cake. The sweetness just suits our taste buds. If you are doing the plain sponge cake as per the recipe, I recommended you use less sugar. 


The aroma of the pandan really makes me hungry.


Hope you like this recipe as well as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment