Friday 4 March 2016

Homemade Cheddar Cheese Goldfish Crackers



Goldfish crackers?? Ooppsss..... Is it referring to me? LOLz~~ Well, this was the first time I made fish crackers. It's in my list for a very long period of time. It is easy to make and tastes very delicious too. Especially my two boys love it so much. They really eat non-stop! 


Oh well, my mum too hahaha... she will ask my little joy to share one piece if he is eating. See my mum love it too. Can't not wait any longer? Come, I share the recipe here..

Homemade Cheddar Cheese Goldfish Crackers
Recipe source from : food-4tots
(Modified by Fiona) - Using TM method









What you need:-
- 250g shredded Cheddar Cheese (Bega Brand)
- 150g sifted plain flour
- 80g salted butter (SCS brand) - cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp cold water

Method :-
1) Place the cubes butter and flour into the TM bowl and blend for 1 min/speed 4
2) Add in the cheddar cheese and blend for another 30 sec/speed 4
3) Slowly add in the cold water 1 tbsp at a time and blend for 30 sec/speed 4
4) Use hand to form into a dough and wrap it with cling wrap. Keep in the fridge for 20 mins
5) Place the dough and roll them in between two sheets of baking paper (thickness, I agak-agak only) (>‿◠)✌
6) Using a fish cutter cookies or any shape of cutter then place it onto the baking tray
7) Use a toothpick to make the eye
8) Bake at 160c for 8 mins (I am using BAF)
9) Let it cool down before you transfer it into an airtight container.


My DIY fish cutter.


Since I only have salted butter in my fridge so I omit the salt. Yet, I feel it tasted quite salty still. Maybe it is because of the cheese that I am using. I will use unsalted and omit the salt too for my next try. 


 My baby is doing her job well. 


They are so cute!




They are so cute to put them into the oven! (╥﹏╥).. yet can not wait to taste it LOLz..


Ta~daa... oh my boy are popping them into his mouth non stop! Yes, successful..


Well, from this picture I feel there are something missing and I wonder what was that? Now I remember that little joy's hand are missing LOL!.... He was sleeping while I took this picture.


Oh forgot to mentioned about the taste! hehe.. Its crunchy outside, soft inside something like crunchy bread..If you roll it thinner, it will be more crunchy outside and inside like crackers.   


 I hope your kids are enjoying it too. My boys are happy, I am a happy mummy too~

No comments:

Post a Comment