Thursday 17 March 2016

Homemade Pork Floss Bun


I seldom bake and cook after moving in and staying with my mum. This is just pure laziness! Mmmmm.. (◑_◑).. Well, my son had requested me to prepare his lunch box to school a few times back but I always ignored him ⁀⊙﹏☉⁀


Yesterday I was in a very good mood to bake a bun for him after I bought some from the store and I felt guilty after that. Let's see the recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover.

Homemade Pork Floss Bun
Recipe source from : Nasi Lemak Lover sausage bun
(I am using TM method)













What you need :-
- 200g High Protein Flour (I used Japanese bread flour)
- 130g cold milk (I used packed dutch lady) no cold
- 35g sugar
- 3g instant yeast (I used 1 tsp)  
- 1/8 tsp salt (I used a pinch)
- 25g butter (I used 30g salted butter, room temperature)

Filling:-
- Homemade Pork Floss
- Seaweed (optional)

- 1 whole beaten egg for egg wash
- Sesame seeds

Method:-
1) Place the milk, sugar and yeast into the TM bowl and blend for 30 sec/37c/speed 2
2) Sift the flour in together with the salt. Blend it for 30 sec/speed 6
3) Add in the butter and choose the knead button for 3 mins
4) Rest the dough in the TM bowl for 30 mins or until its rinse in double size.
5) Punch the air out from the dough and divide it into 6 pieces (I can get 6 pieces)
6) Roll it flat and add the homemade pork floss on the middle and seal it
7) Let the dough rest for another 30 mins
8) Apply the egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seed on top
9) Bake at 160c for 6 mins, 150c for 9 mins

Note : I am setting 2 different temperatures due to my BAF. I noticed that the bread started to brown one side after 6 mins. I change the position of the bread and continued bake for 9 mins at 150c.



With my TM, there is an easy way for me to save my time and I can prepare anything in a few steps.


Ta-daaaa....lucky still can get golden brown instead of hangus! (─‿‿─)


 I made 2 pieces of plain buns for my little joy to eat along with my Homemade Pandan Kaya 


Cut it into half only I realized I forgot one step! Phew... View the step here : 


My homemade pork floss : Homemade Pork Floss

No comments:

Post a Comment