Monday 14 March 2016

Homemade Pork Floss


I can not believe that I can make pork floss!.. OMG! I still can not believe in my self! Anyhow I would like to give special thanks to my hubby. Without him, I will not have my good helper Thermomix to help me. How much would this pork floss cost if you buy it outside? I know the price, that is why I will only buy it once in a blue moon. Now with my TM, I can make it anytime.

Homemade Pork Floss
Recipe source from : TM website (Gideon Lye)













What you need:-
- 500g Shoulder Butt (Ga Mui Yuk) - Cut into chunk
- 200g water
- 30g sugar
- 15g sesame oil
- 15g oyster sauce
- 5 g dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp chinese five spice powder (I omit)
- 1 tsp salt

Method :-
1) Place the meat and 500g water into TM bowl to blanch and then rinsed MC/7 mins/100c/speed reversed/spoon
2) Put in all ingredients into TM bowl to cook 20 mins/Varoma/reversed/spoon
3) Scrap down the sides and cook at medium speed to shred the meat 2 min/100/reversed 4
4) Continue to cook until dry and becomes floss form 60 mins/100/reversed 2
5) Pour floss onto a baking tray evenly and bake at 130c for 10 mins (160c too high temperature for my BAF)


It looks pretty nice before baking too.


They are prefect to go with rice, bread, spaghetti and even porridge.


It gets fermented after a few weeks so try to bake it until it is totally dried out. 


See, my homemade pork floss is done and my boys are happy with it. No more store bought pork floss while at the same time enjoying homemade ones!


Whenever I get a thing done with my TM. I am very happy with it although it is just my first trial. This proves that with TM, nothing is impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment