Saturday 5 March 2016

Homemade Crispy Crab Meat Stick


Its been a long time since I neglected my blog. Actually this was the CNY snack to post but I dragged on till now. Ok, cut the long story short.


I wanted to make this snack for very long time but never ever made it before. This was my first version of crab meat stick. My first year, first time and first try. Why? Because I do not like to use oil for deep frying and this required using a lot of oil. I was hesitant about it but yet I love to eat it too. After my mum bought BAF.. huh~huh~ now it's the time to make it. hahahaha~

Crispy Crab Meat Stick
Recipe source from : Fiona Low 














What you need :-
- 1 packet of filamet (crabmeat stick) Kami Brand
- some curry leaves (wash and dry it with kitchen towel)
- some sesame seed
- some sunflower oil
- chili pepper (optional)

Method :-
1) First, wash and tap dry the crabmeat using kitchen towel. Gently tear of the crabmeat into strips using your fingers.
2) Coat it with some sunflower oil, curry leaves, chili pepper and sesame seed.
3) AF at 180c for 10 mins, stir a bit then change the temperature to 140c another 10 mins.


Own plant curry leaves, Kami Brand Frozen Crabmeat and Chilli Pepper that bought from Japanese store. I am doing two batches, one with chili pepper and one is original. 


Believe me that the curry leaves really give you a very fragrant smell. Try to put more..trust me!


The boy is willing to help out in the kitchen. Yes, he is helping and can not waiting for the end product
 (^◡^ )


For me they are perfect! Its tastea pretty crunchy and not oily! 


While I AF, the boy and my mum keep coming into the kitchen to steal the crabmeat. The reason they gave me was 'testing....testing'


Even my little joy love this crabmeat too. I know it is not healthy at all but at least at least I am not using oil to fry it. So little joy can still enjoy it. I am happy that my family can eat as healthy as possible. Little joy is enjoying those original taste while we all enjoying with the chili pepper taste. 


Look at them. Love to see them in this way. My mum can finished one bottle while watching her Hokkien drama. Until I need to hide it before she finishes it all. LOL!!


Golden in colour. I too, can eat one bottle of this crispy crabmeat alone.


My version of Crispy Crabmeat Stick for my family snack. Tell you what, do not ever ignore the curry leaves. It can really give you the fragrant aroma smell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment