Wednesday 20 April 2016

Homemade Red Bean Bun


I was glad to find this bread recipe in Amiliaya Recipe. She really had a great bread recipe to share. I was surprised and happy that the bread stay soft till the next day. At least now I can finally see my efforts for not giving up for making bread.


Let me cut short my long story of making failed bread.. Just follow the recipe and I am sure you will get the soft and fluffy bread for your family.

Homemade Red Bean Bun
Recipe source from : Amiliaya Recipe













What you need:-
Bread ingredients
-250g bread flour (I am using Japanese Bread Flour) - sifted
-5g yeast (I am using 1 tsp)
-30g sugar (I am using organic cane sugar)
-1/2 tsp salt
-125ml fresh milk
-1 egg
-25g softened butter (SCS brand)

Filling:-
-Homemade Azuki Paste
(Recipe : here)

Method :-
1) Mix yeast, sugar, salt, fresh milk and egg in TM bowl for 30 sec/37c/Speed 3
2) Add in the sift flour and knead 2 mins
3) Mix the butter for another 2 mins or until you get a smooth and elastic
4) Cover and let it proof until double size (around 45 min to an hour)


5) After 45 mins, punch the air out and shape it into a small round shape (I do not weight it)
6) Then wrap in the Azuki paste. Sealed it tight.
7) Let it rest for another 30 mins. Dust some bread flour on top before baking it. You can use egg wash too but I normally will omit it because I can not finished the egg wash and it is just wasted.
8) Bake it at 160c for 12 - 13 mins

Note : I am using BAF so I do not pre-heated my oven



My mum was waiting outside while the bread was on second proofing. She loves red bean bun so much and can not wait to eat. 


While I was still taking the picture for my blogging, my mum was standing beside and asked 'How long you need take to finish the picture?' LOLzz.... She really can not wait to taste it!


From this picture, I knew my bun was successful and I am happy with it. Only my hubby will understand my feelings of success because he always ate my failed bread! Hahaha..


Red bean bun, my mum is a big fan of it. Not only her... my youngest son was the second one. All my family love it except my eldest son. 


 This was the third batched of my red bean bun. My mum asked for more filling so I stuffed them as much as I can.



Hope this recipe helps you too especially if you were like me having failed for so many times. Lastly, I really want to thank Amiliaya for the sharing her recipe. Thank you.


 Happy kneading.....

No comments:

Post a Comment