Sunday 17 April 2016

Homemade Azuki Paste


Heard about Azuki bean long time ago and always wonder when I can start to make it by myself. They are most often enjoyed boiled with sugar and mashed into a sweet red bean paste that is used as a filling. I am not an Azuki fan but if I can make it myself, why not? When my TM arrived, I had tried to made it but failed. The recipe and instruction of using TM to cook let me down and I was so sad.  


After so long since I failed, I decided to try it again. What you need are few ingredients and this time I set my own timing and temperature. The end results were not turn me down and I was so happy with the success.

Homemade Azuki Paste
Recipe source from : Fiona Low













What you need:-
-300g red bean (soaked for 4 hours)
-8 pcs knotted of pandan leave
-100g organic cane sugar
-1000 litres water

Method:-
1) Place the red bean, pandan leave and water into TM bowl and cook MC/30mins/V/Speed 3
2) Add in the sugar thru the MC hole and cook another 20 mins MC/V/Speed or until you get the texture you prefer


When my mum saw this Azuki paste, she was more excited than me because she loves Azuki paste so much that she can eat it on its own. 


I will make red bean bun for breakfast tomorrow. And I know, it will be very delicious! hahaha...Wait for my red bean bun post ya... 


The phrase practice makes perfect is really true. So never be afraid to fail. Just follow your own mind and keep an eye on it, surely you will get what you really want. Happy trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment