Thursday 14 April 2016

Homemade Pandan Kaya Pao


I was in the mood to make homemade pandan kaya for my family members since my mum and my youngest son super love it. So yesterday I double up the ingredients but end up too much of the kaya sitting on the table. 


This time the texture of the kaya a bit different from my previous kaya and I do not like it.  Honestly, this was my failed pandan kaya so far but surprisingly my mum super like this kind of texture. This remind her of her late mother (my grandmother) who made kaya for them when they are young. She can eat on its own... (ㆆ_ㆆ)


I wonder how we going to finished it within a week? It is almost 9.40 pm and I started to made pao for tomorrow breakfast. So late still make pao?? Yes! With my TM, everything is so easy and fast. So here is my Kaya Pao.

Homemade Pandan Kaya Pao
Recipe source from : TM cook book













What you need:-
-250g pao flour
-130g water
-20g sugar
-15g olive oil
-1 tsp instant yeast
-A pinch of salt

Filling
-Homemade pandan kaya
(click here for the recipe)

Method:-
1) Mix water, sugar, olive oil and yeast into TM bowl, 30sec, 37c, speed 3
2) Add in flour and salt, 2 mins corn image 
3) Shape dough into desired shape and let it rest for about 30 mins or double size
4) Steamed for 15-20 mins (depend on the mantou size)


9.40 pm made pao and all ready (plus steaming) by 10.50 pm! My youngest son managed to ate half of the kaya pao.


Round and big size? Almost as big as my palm 


Fluffy right. Love the texture


Translucent skin.. (>‿◠)✌



Love the pao texture, soft and fluffy. I can just eat the pao by itself without any filling. But this time with my failed pandan kaya, it really makes a difference too. At least I can finish the failed kaya faster ᕙ(`▿´)ᕗ 


Unhappy with my failed pandan kaya but no worry after I made this pandan kaya pao! LOLz... My family are super happy with the end product! Happy pao~ing hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment