Monday 18 April 2016

Belgian Waffle?....


I've always heard about Belgian Waffle but I've never tried to make it before until I got my waffle maker. I bought it from Lazada when it was on offer for only RM39! Cheap right?? Without thinking much, I straight away bought it back and the next day I received it.


I bought it also because of the DHM group hahah..Let me share the recipe with you here.

What you need:-
Recipe source from : DHM Karen's recipe

What you need:-
-2 cups all purpose flour (I used SRF)
-4 tsp baking powder (I omit since I am using SRF)
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/2 cup oil
-2 cups milk
-2 eggs, separated

Method:-
1) Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside (flour and salt)
2) Separate the eggs
3) Mix the egg yolk, milk and oil and stir to combine
4) Add in the dry ingredients and mix well
5) In a small bowl, Add in the sugar and beat the egg white till stiff
6) Lastly, fold in the egg whites
7) Preheat the waffle machine for around a minute then pour three scoop of batter in and wait for 2 or 3 minutes before you open.



How was it? You can pour more than three scoop if you prefer it more round. Lay the hot waffle on the baking tray to avoid hot air trapped inside. It will make you waffle wet and soggy.


This was my eldest son's portion. He waiting at the dinning table while I took this picture. Keep shouting, are you done yet? Are you done yet? haha.. he can not wait for it. It is not because of the waffle, it's because of the icecream sitting on top there! hahaha..


I prefer it with ice cream too but the ice cream was not enough to make a share for me. *cry* but it is ok because the waffle tastes so crunchy outside and soft inside. Smells good and I can eat it by its own.


My mum was joining us for this waffle and she gave me a thumbs up too.


Happy with the end product and I ate non-stop. It is super delicious. I had no regret to buy this waffle maker even though I have one at home but it was packed up somewhere. Since it is on promotion and it is only RM39! 


You can too make the batter earlier or the day before. The end product will still be the same. Makes your life more easier when it comes to preparing breakfast or lunch boxes for the kids.


Happy waffle~ing...

No comments:

Post a Comment