Monday 11 April 2016

Chocolate Sponge Cake


While my kids are in the pool, I made this chocolate sponge cake for their tea time. And of course for myself because I was watching them under the roof in this hot weather. I am not playing but I need to be there in case anything happen. 


I do own a chiffon mold but I packed it up so I only use those round 7'' pan. The look was not so pretty but my boys love them so much as much as I do. While watching them I am enjoying my piece of cake.


Let see the recipe below. I am still using the recipe from my Pandan Sponge Cake. What I do is just changed the pandan juice to cocoa powder and stay on to the sweetness at 65g.

Chocolate Sponge Cake
Recipe source from : Fiona Low






What you need:-
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 65g self raising flour
- 50g corn oil (I used canola oil)
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 egg white
- 65g icing sugar

Method:-
1) Mix the egg yolks, whole egg and canola oil in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk balloon and beat till light.
2) Sift the flour, stir to mix well till you get a smooth texture.
3) Add in the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and mix it evenly
4) In a clean bowl, use a electric hand mixer beat the egg white till foamy. Gradually add in the sifted icing sugar. Beat till stiff peak foamed.
5) Add 1/3 meringue into the egg yolk batter, stir till light.
6) Then fold in the rest of the meringue with whisk balloon 
7) Pour the batter into the paper cup and bake at 150c for 20 mins (I using BAF)


Step 1 : The egg batter


Step 2 : Mix the flour and cocoa powder


Step 3 : Fold in the meringue.


Step 4 : Beat the egg whites and add in the icing sugar in two batches


Step 5 : Beat till stiff peaks and fold in into the cocoa batter


Ta-daaaa....


It was all gone in one night.


They are happily playing in the pool while mummy is sweating looking at them under the hot weather. Although this is how I spent my weekend with the boy but all the hard work in baking is totally worth it after they are tired from playing, they get hungry and started to look for food.



This was finished in a day and I bake another sponge cake later in the night for tomorrow breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment