Friday 15 April 2016

Homemade Garlic Powder


This is my second batch of homemade garlic powder. Some of the things we buy at the grocery store are quite simple to make so why not make own garlic powder instead of buying it outside. When I google for the homemade garlic powder, they are all roughly about the same. All you need is garlic of course and oil. Either you sun dry it for 2 ~ 3 days, bake it in low temperature for a few hours or you use food dehydrated. There is no secret recipe in this garlic powder. Everyone can do it. It is very simple to make it. Let's see how

Homemade Garlic Powder
Recipe source from : Fiona Low (Inspired by Krystral's Mummy)













What you need:-
- Lots of garlic (big size)
- Olive oil (optional)

Method:-
1) Peel the garlic and slice it thinly using slicer.
2) Coat them with some olive oil and place them into the BAF cage and roast at 130c for 1 hour, totally dehydrated or golden brown.
3) Let it cool down and grind into powder form (I used TM)
4) Store them in the air tight container and keep in the fridge. Normally my garlic powder won't last more than 3 months.


Use big size garlic clove, if possible.


Peel the skin


And sliced it.


The end result after AFand before grind


I used my garlic powder for my marination, seasoning, porridge or stir fry vegetables. Oh ya, and my omelette too. Once I get my mum to help me to sun dry it for 2 days, since she got maid hahaha.. she said ki siau ar! Use the oven la LOLzz......


I still remember that I bought it from one mummy online but later on there are a lots of powder 'fighting' over FB, which I do not know in full details. So I stop all the powder online and started to make it by myself.


Always, with my TM there are a lot of recipe and sharing in the group which I can easily get. So there is no problem for me to make anything impossible. HAHAHA...


No comments:

Post a Comment