Wednesday 4 November 2015

Ondeh ondeh


Ondeh ondeh was my signature dish when I started to go into the kitchen. That was when I still staying with my mum. My mum house had plenty of pandan leave last time. To get a very nice ondeh ondeh, you really need a good pandan paste and real gula melaka.


Real gula melaka won't melt so easily. I guess! Last time I bought those gula melaka from one shop that told me it's directly from Melaka. And the results are awesome. As what I told you, it's fragrant and it won't melt so easily. You still can taste and chew the whole piece of gula melaka inside. This is the difference. There is a difference too if you cut the gula melaka into cube size instead of finely chopped.
Sorry that I do not have actual measurement.

Ondeh ondeh
Recipe source from : Fiona Low














What you need:-
-Glutinous flour
-3 tbps of concentrate pandan juice + water
-grated coconut
-gula melaka
-a pinch of sea salt

-prepared one bowl of cool water/ice water

Method:-
1) Steam the grated coconut, set aside and add in a pinch of sea salt
2) Mix the glutinous flour with pandan juice. Knead until you get the texture you prefer. (Not hard nor soft) The texture should be like 'tang yuen' texture.
3) Bring a pot of water to boil. Pinch a dough and flatten it. Fill it with gula melaka and roll it to form a ball. Continue till finished.
4) Put them into the boiling water and cook it. When you see the dough floating to the surface mean your dough is fully cooked.
5) Remove the cooked dough and put them into the cool warm/ice water
6) Shake off the excess water and coat them into the grated coconut.
7) Serve!


Love the green colour!


 Look at the gula melaka. It is still perfect in one piece inside. Love the texture too. QQ texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment