Thursday 19 November 2015

Marmite Prawn


This is my first time cooking Marmite prawns! It has been in my cooking list for a very long time. It's not that I do not have prawns or Marmite sauce. I just did not have the intention to cook it
(っ^▿^).  I went to Max Value one day and I was at the cashier waiting for payment. I saw some Marmite on the shelf behind and was thinking whether to buy or not? want or not? LOL~finally I bought one bottle back.

So, I searched some other ingredients online and some of the ingredients that I do not have at home and I do not want to buy a bottle and only use it once. Then I use whatever I have at home. If you do follow my blog, you will know that I do not have the actual measurements in my cooking. So please adjust accordingly.

Marmite Prawns
Recipe source from : Fiona Low


What you need:-
-500g Large prawns
-3 tbsp Marmite
-2 tbsp organic honey
-1 tbsp molasses sugar
-some hot water to dilute 
-minced garlic
-sesame seed

Method:-
1) Clean the prawns and remove the guts. Tap it with kitchen towel to remove the access water. 
2) Air Fry the prawns using AF at 180c for 8 mins then set aside
3) In a small bowl, add in the marmite, honey, sugar and water to dilute it
4) In a sauce pan, add in the garlic and stir fry until golden brown then add in the marmite mixture and cook till it is slightly thicken then add in the prawns.
5) Keep an eye on the sauce. Turn off the flame once the sauce has thicken
6) Garnish it with some sesame seed


You really need large prawns for this because when you AF the prawns, its look smaller.


Mmmm.. I feel the taste of marmite is very strong and it is different from what I had in the restaurant but my hubby told me of course it is different! Outside food they put more sugar than the marmite. Oh~~~ okay, as long they love it, I'm happy enough. ≧◠‿●‿◠≦

No comments:

Post a Comment