Wednesday 30 January 2019

Hand Shape Pineapple Tarts 2019Y


Happy Chinese New Year Everyone! I also wish everyone Ong ong lai ar.... My second year of making Pineapple Tarts with the pineapple shape. Click into the link : Pinapple Tarts (Instagram) to see the picture of my last year ong lai pia haha

Handshape Pineapple Tarts
Recipe source from : Nasi Lemak Lover


What you need:-
-350g butter (room temperature)
-100g condensed milk
-510g plain flour
-2 egg yolks

Pineapple leave
-Pandan powder/green colouring

Egg wash
-1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water

Pineapple filling
Homemade Pineapple Jam

Method :
1) Cream the butter and the condensed milk until creamy
2) Add in the egg yolks one at a time until combined
3) Add in the flour until soft and not sticky
4) Roll the pineapple jam around 8 to 10g (i do not weight it), dough around 10g each and place the filling in the middle and shape it into a slight oval shape.
5) Take around 50g of dough and add in the green colouring. Use a flower cookie cutter to make the leave.
6) Brush the egg wash and bake for 25mins at 150c


It took me around 4 and a half hrs to shape it and I think it is all worth it. Love the taste and the shape. Before putting them into my mouth, I will turn it around to see first 😂


Hope you all enjoy my handshaped pineapple tarts and hope it bring us ong ong lai, Huat ar!




No comments:

Post a Comment