Wednesday 13 January 2016

Hong Kong Style Egg Tart


I remembered the last time I made egg tarts was the mini size ones. Since its mini, so I can not really pour a lot of the filling inside. The egg mixture will shrink after baking. And I only can taste the skin texture only. After my mum brought BAF (Buffalo Air Fryer) back and I saw the recipe book with egg tart recipe. They are using evaporated milk which my previous recipe was not using. I immediately weigh the evaporated milk and guess what... I got 85g of the milk which the recipe stated and required.  Just nice!


So what am I still waiting for? haha.. I took out the ingredients that I need and start to make the crust. Since I have my TM with me, everything seems very fast and easy. Let me share the recipe here ..

Hong Kong Style Egg Tart
Recipe source from : BAF recipe book













What you need:-
For the Crust

-225g plain flour
-125g butter (I use SCS brand) - room temperature
-55g icing sugar
-1 egg beaten
-A dash of vanilla extract (I use vanilla essence)

For the egg custard
-3 eggs
-110g caster sugar
-225g hot water
-85g evaporated milk
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I use vanilla essence)

Method of making crust:- (using TM method)
1) Put all the ingredients into the TM bowl except eggs at 10 sec/ speed 6
2) Add in the eggs and press knead button for 15 sec
3) Take out the dough and firmly press into the tart moulds. Gently prick some hole using a fork
4) Bake it at 160c for 15mins

Method of making egg custard
1) Put all the egg custard ingredients and blend for 20 sec/ speed 3
2) Then sift it
3) Pour the custard as full as possible into the ready baked crust and bake another 8-10mins at 160c.
4) Insert a toothpick into the egg custard, it is ready if the toothpick stands on its own


 If I'm not mistaken, the total amount of time used was 15 mins. With TM, it makes everything easy!



Why only two moulds inside? haha.. I was testing the right temperature. I do not want all my crusts to be burnt since I still need some time to get used to this new gadget.


All right. And it is done! ;)


The outcome before unmould.


Look at the custard. Wow~yummy... I got as much filling as I want. The sweetness is just as per my liking.



See, little hand can not wait to grab one! hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment